What is meal prep?
It is simply a plan of what you will eat this week. It is the best way to make sure you are eating what you should, and the amounts and portions you should. Everyone is different, and the amount of calories and portions you need every day varies. Figuring this out is the first step. The 21 day fix program can help you calculate the amount of calories and portions you need everyday to reach your goals. By planning and prepping, you can help prevent eating bad food, over eating or buying food on the go (which is usually unhealthy or has more calories than what you would cook at home). Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be amazed how much time and money you might save.
Meal prep tips:
- Make a list of your favorite foods
- Make a plan (grocery list and stick to it)
- Choose simple recipes you like that are easy to prepare
- Be mindful of portions when planning meals (make sure you’re eating enough proteins, vegetables, fruit and GOOD carbs)
- Set aside 2-3 hours for cooking and prepping
- Invest in food storage containers/microwaveable Tupperware
- Prepare healthy snacks -Don’t forget shakeology ® !
- Cook food all at once (I prepare meals for at least 4 days and sometimes up to 6)