Honey Dijon Chicken with Steamed Parmesan-Garlic Broccoli
Instructions: Mix Dijon mustard with honey, add parsley flakes and salt. Coat a 6-oz. chicken breast half in the mixture. Cook on a grill for about 7 minutes on each side (or until the chicken is fully cooked). Steam 4 cups of frozen or fresh broccoli and top 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. garlic powder, and 4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Four 6-oz chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- Salt, to taste
Baked Oatmeal Cups
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, extract, bananas, and honey in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine oats, cinnamon, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add oat mixture to egg mixture; mix well.
6. Add almond milk; mix well.
7. Divide oat mixture evenly between prepared muffin cups.
8. Top evenly with walnuts and raisins.
9. Bake 26 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
BBQ Tri-Tip Steak
1. Place ginger, garlic, jam, soy sauce, oil, and water in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
2. Add onions and chiles; pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
3. Place tri-tip in glass dish; top with marinade. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Preheat grill on high.
5. Place tri-tip on grill; brown for 5 minutes on each side.
6. Reduce heat to medium; cook slowly, basting with marinade every 5 to 10 minutes. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Test for temperature with a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the tri-tip reaching 125° F. for rare and 140° F. for medium.
7. Remove from grill; cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across grain.
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. all-fruit plum jam (or your favorite jam)
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1-2 medium serrano chiles, cut in half, seeds removed, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1¾ lb. raw tri-tip roast
Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Walnuts
1. Place spinach in a medium serving bowl.
2. Add chicken, strawberries, and walnuts; toss gently to blend.
3. Top with your favorite dressing and enjoy!
- 1½ cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 raw walnut halves